Policies of Enrolment
- New Students:
- Places for individual and group tuition may be requested by returning the enrolment form to The Music Institute by email: email@example.com or by completion of the form on this website. Please do not hesitate to call or email Michael if you have any difficulties or questions.
- Please note: Completion of the enrolment form does not guarantee preferred lesson time/teacher. Following completion of the enrolment form a member of our team will be in touch to confirm lesson availability and arrange deposit/fee payment as appropriate (see below)
- Lessons are only confirmed once deposit/full fees are paid as per policy below.
- Full fees are due prior to the start of your first lesson.
- Returning students:
- We cannot guarantee class time and teacher preferences. Timely communication of intent to return by completion of the enrollment form and payment of the deposit for the forthcoming term will increase chances of securing preferred slots. Enrolment forms must be completed each term.
- Please ensure we have the correct email contact for you as we will email a reminder to re-enrol for each forthcoming term ahead of the completion of the current term.
- The Music Institute reserves the right to make changes to class timetables and/or teachers and all students will be notified in the event of a change.
- Group classes are run subject to minimum enrolment requirements. The school reserves the right to cancel any course or group class that has insufficient enrolment. In such an event, all fees will be refunded.
Fees & Attendance
- A deposit is required from all students to complete enrolment for upcoming terms. The deposit is non-refundable even where students later decide not to embark on lessons.
- Deposits are equal to 10% of the total term fees.
- Deposits will be deducted from the outstanding balance.
- All outstanding fees must be paid in full prior to the first lesson of each term.
- Fees are paid upfront on a termly or yearly basis with the exception of intensive lessons.
- Payment must be made for all lessons within the term whether taken or missed as teachers are contracted and paid by the term, and not by the week.
- Instalment payments are not routinely accepted and can only be arranged under limited circumstances and by prior written agreement between Michael and the student/parent.
- Where instalment payments are agreed the full fee outlined at the outset of the instalment agreement will fall due regardless of a students decision to continue or not with lessons booked under the instalment agreement.
- The decision to allow instalment payments is solely at the discretion of The Music Institute management.
- Non payment of fees will result in cessation of lessons. Fees are due prior to the first lesson.
- 'Make-up lessons' (aka rescheduled classes) will not be given in the case of student absence unless by prior written agreement with Michael and only in very limited circumstances at the discretion of The Music Institute.
- Termly/yearly fees apply to the specific term booked. Any classes missed by the student cannot be carried over to the next term or any other term.
- In the event of teacher absence, The Music Institute will endeavour to arrange a suitable substitute teacher. If this is not possible, the lesson will be made up at a later date. In very limited circumstances, The Music Institute retains the right to refund classes missed due to teacher absence. The decision to reschedule, substitute or refund will be solely at the discretion of The Music Institute.
- An agreed make-up lesson (aka rescheduled class) missed by the student will not be rescheduled or credited.
- Lessons falling on bank holidays will be rescheduled to another day.
- The Music Institute reserves the right to withdraw the enrolment of any student who misses three consecutive lessons without notification or has more than five un-notified absences within any given term.
- Notification of absence must be by phone (text or call) or email to Michael at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time.